Friday, January 24, 2014

Pictures from Kathleen Dwyer's photo album

In the continuing quest to identify people in old photographs, our friend Pat Sullivan writes: 

These photos definitely came from Beara. I sent  them to my relatives on my grandfather's  side in Tuosist and they were pretty sure these came from my grandmother's side. She was Kathleen Dwyer from Adrigole. She emigrated in 1927. One of the photos is a street scene which may be identifiable. Another photo shows two men in front of a house. One man is sitting on a chair. I have a photo of my great-grandfather, Johnny Dwyer, in a similar setting. It looks as if the photos were taken at the same time and place.

So, if anyone reading this recognizes any of the people or places shown here, please leave a comment in the comments section or drop us a note over in the Beara mailing list.





8 comments:

  1. The photograph of the two men are William ( Bill) sitting and Michael (Mike) standing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were the Dwyers from Adrigole.

      Delete
    2. For some reason I thought they were the brothers Dan and John who emigrated. You would definitely know better than me. The youngest sister Kathleen was my grandmother. My email is pdmjsull@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Appreciate the identifications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they need any more information. I would be glad to assist if I can. Please supply email address if they want any further info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the offer. My email is pdmjsull@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. Hi, my grand uncle John Shea married Elizabeth O'Dwyer from Leitrim, Adrigole. She was born in 1875. I believe her father was Daniel and mother was Elizabeth Murphy. Same family? My email is kevinshea08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete